View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 08:37 PM

My son and I attended. Was very happy to see a full house of off road type people there, county board members seemed a little taken aback by the turnout, there was a local tv crew there. The meeting was very informational with Amy Madigan (IDNR tails outreach coordinator) explaining the details with a slide show, unfortunately when one of the ABATE reps started speaking a guy on the county board had a little hissy fit and most of the group filtered out, as did we.
I called Amy Madigan a week or so later with a few more questions I had, she was more than helpful, and felt likewise that it was hard to gauge reaction of county board in meeting, seemed some were in favor and curious, and to me seemed like the hunters on the board were not for it at all.
If all goes according to plan the park should open 2016, they plan to hire concessionaire to run park, they will hire outside contractor to build trails, 2200 acres total but a lot of that will be no-ride/buffer zone to help keep down noise. Would be so nice to have a park here in Illinois to ride singletrack without leaving the state. A lot of info can be found on facebook at
IDNR Buckhorn ATV Park Support Group
Moto Farm motor and suspension service 309 310 2540 leave a message
www.halls-cycles.com