View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 09:25 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser Nate View Post
Lithium batteries hate any sort of parasitic loss like those accessories.
+1
I have had a Durbahn LifePo4 battery for more than ten years. Used it as a starting battery for my Bimota in the summer while using it for a enduro/Gasgas helmet-light in the winter. I connect the lamp directly to the battery, no connection to the Gasgas circuit. Earlier, I used a home-brewed lamp with a 35WHID kit, but wanted something lighter.

The new lamp is a Lumonite, normally running off a Lumonite battery. Hence, I use a DC-DC converter built for that particular lamp. One day, I forgot to disconnect the battery from the converter after turning off and disconnecting the lamp from the power supply. A couple of weeks later I found it in the car, the battery completely discharged. The end of a perfectly good battery, due to a small current drawn even when not in use.

So then I need a new battery...

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc