View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi View Post
Update -

With the Singh grooves filed in the head removing 0.8cc the engine is now running with a single 0.3mm base gasket.

Less than ideal for the height of the exhaust port, and slightly greater than 1mm squish but is it like riding completely different bike. Torque off the bottom end is fantastic and it pulls seamlessly into the power band.

Running 50:1 98 RON (Euro) with motorex fully synthetic, the central plug insulator is a perfect match for a bar of milk chocolate and absolutely no sign of detonation.

Fuel range is improved - I haven't done more than 1/2 a tank in one go yet but it looks like it will be good for close to 100km. Jetting is also consistent from 0 - 2000 m (N1EF#1, 165, 35)

I'm not sure why but the bike also seems to be a lot smoother with less vibration through the footpegs

The only gripe is the burble on the transition between closed and partially open throttle which makes the throttle an off / on / more affair rather than feeding in smoothly on the initial opening. Now that everything else is working I can experiment with the needles though.
Needle will fix it now.

Been posted numerous times.

Squish, float height, jet and forget..

I chased myself around in circles for a long time before I worked it out. On my 2013 the head was sent off immediately following the break in ride.