View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 02:40 PM

When I bought the 07 EC250 I was riding a 07 KX450 and the GasGas was for my wife to ride. Truth be told, I also wanted to try a proper woods 2-stroke because I had been struggling a bit to make the KX work nicely in the single track. Well, I have ridden the KX maybe 4 times in the last year and the Gasser just about every weekend. She can't get me off "her" bike, it's more comfortable, easier to ride and I'm way faster in the tight single track.

I had the opportunity to ride an EC300 for a day this summer and I just didn't feel the same on it. It wasn't set up specifically for me, but I think I had enough seat time to get a good feel for what was going on. The 300 definitely has more bottom end and that did come in handy in a few spots, but it also required better throttle control. It also was slightly heavier handling than the 250, but nothing like the 450.

I think anyone under maybe 190 or 200lbs geared up should definitely give the 250's a chance. On really technical, slow hills I can sit on the rear fender for traction and the thing will just tractor up the hill without flipping over backwards. And on long straight steep climbs I just get her on the pipe in second or third and it just screams up no problem. Where the bike really excels is flying through the tight single track with ease and I don't get as tired as on the bigger bikes. My buddy who rides a 450 Husaberg says the Gasser is like riding a bicycle. As soon as I sell the KX it'll be a 2010 EC250 six days for me. (anyone want a really nice 07 KX450?)