View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 07:56 AM

In the past 8 weeks Penelope, my 2018 XC300, has received:

XC360 bar mounts. Extremely pleased with this purchase, again. The GG fit isn't what I want but the performance of the part make up for it's limitation.

Billet water pump impeller
After seeing the OEM one and how it's built compared to an Austrian one I almost closed the cover and not installing this. The GG OEM part isn't going to overheat and fold like the Austrian one. I bought the part though so I installed it, no measurable difference compared to stock. I would not buy this again.

RK tech billet head.
What a huge difference straight out of the box. I wish I would have bought it right out of the gate so I wouldn't have spent so much time chasing jetting and engine noises.

Rekluse Core Manual # RMS7017001, newly released by Rekluse. Specific part number for the 2018/2019 bikes, not the one from the 2017 with an extra spacer gasket. Don't have enough time on it to warrant an opinion yet, however the Rekluse center hub has significantly more oil passages than the OEM center hub I removed. Hopefully it'll help & I won't lose more inner frictions. I can't for the life of me understand the passages on the OEM hub. At one point there's probably 1/3 of the circumference of the OEM hub that has ZERO oil passages drilled in it.

Bullet Proof Designs chain block guard & TM designs KTM "Factory" chain block.

I had the TM chain block in my parts box from a bike I got rid of before the OEM block needed replaced. I was installing the BPD chain block guard and the GG OEM chain block is pretty light duty imo so I figured I'd go ahead and install the TM why I had the thing apart. TM chain block is a KTM part number and the Fit was perfect.

BPD swing arm guard. This is also a KTM part number. The swingarm tab dimensions are the same as KTM so the tabs align properly. Unfortunately the GG and KTM swingarm are not shaped the same and I found that this guard doesn't fit the GG as well as it has on the last 2 Austrian bikes I've had it on. The bosses on the guard do not contact the swingarm without shimming and this puts all the lateral load on the threads for the cap screws you have to drill and tap into the swingarm. As delivered I feel the BPD part only offers marginal protection from an impact to the forward swingarm tab. With proper shimming of the boss to dissipate lateral loads across the surface of the swingarm it offers appropriate protection from impacts.
If I get another GG I'll install it again.

GP front axle lever. I don't even know why I bought this, but after installing it and changing the front wheel the last 3 times I'm glad I did. I've lived without one the last 5 years but I've also bought a new ktm axle and a couple axle nuts after damaging the axle nut threads removing them in haste. Having this lever should eliminate the threat of that happening again as I hastily fix a flat, change brake pads at an enduro restet etc.