Thread: Dead 02 EC 200
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 08:00 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
Was any coolant in or around tha crank area. Should be easy to spot with the topend off. How does tha crank feel? It should rotate easily by hand with the piston off. If the crank and top end seem fine the next area to look at would be under the right cover. Take the water pump cover and impeller off, you may find the impeller is all buggered up. Next the kickstart and then the side cover can come off. Then take a good look see around. The manual for these biikes can be found here, any of the newer model shop manuals will work for any older model, assuming thats what you have. Good luck I'm sure you will figure it out. These 2t bikes are pretty straight forward and nothing special about the GG to know about .

I had been eyeing your bike on Craigslist. If you got a good deal on it and you don't feel like messing with it I could part it out for you, but you will get it running. Were you at Reiter?

Paul from Everett
No coolant in there.. that looked ok, but turning the crank by hand, doesnt feel right at all... not smooth.. I was at little local riding spot, not reiter. thanks for the tip, not interested in parting it out, rather rebuild the whole engine.