View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdfblackm View Post
Ok....I am a bit of a noob to GG....I was in the market for an FSE but it never came through...so I know about the 4T but not the 2T.

There is a 2005 250EC that I am considering. What are some things that I need to look at and ask the owner. Are top end kits for GG easy to get, bearings and stuff like that?

I am looking for a good woods bike, something that has wide ratio transmission, lighting coil and can be lugged down. I guess I understand that yes this was the mission with this bike but would someone like to give real world experience...how is the bike is rocky terrain....lugging it down in single track?

I was considering KTM 250EXC but cannot find them, also considering RMX 250 and even considering YZ250 and changing to WR gears and adding a lighting coil. So I am exhausting all my avenues. But I don't want to spend the $$ for something new.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Are you speaking of the yellow and black 2005 in Phx.? That is a good price. The 2T is an excellent choice for woods/roots and rocks and the Rocky moto trail in fort valley!! Even the peaks loops...shhh! Like any bike it will need to be tailored to fit you, ie. riding style, experience, weight. That means maybe springs and a valving. Me personally would choose the 2T over the 4T FSE.