View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 03:39 PM

Default 2007 EC300 wiring help

After attempting to read the factory wiring diagram I've determined my bike isn't wired per the diagram. So I figured I would find which wire is hot and make my own to be able to install a dual sport kit.

I have the 2k-2 ignition, wires leave at 10:00.

I have a plug under the bars that would appear to plug into the head light. It has a purple wire, a green/yellow wire, and an un-wired place to the plug. I've measure across the wires and from both to ground and there was 0 VDC.

I have a single purple wire under the bars and measured 0VDC across ground.

I have a single yellow wire and measured 1-3 VDC across ground going up to 3 as I revved the bike.

I have a three wire plug under my seat with white, purple, and green/yellow wires. I measured every way possible and got 1-3 VDC across the white and green/yellow wires as I revved the bike with the rear brake pedal applied. No other combinations across wires or to ground generated any voltage brake or not.

What am I missing? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Would I be better off buying a battery and wiring to a battery? Any suggestions on a small light battery and how long will it last powering the headlight and an lcd taillight?

Thanks!

Josh