View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 04:57 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastboysparky View Post
I just fitted the coil off an old contact 250 I have in bits and guess what!! No difference. I was getting to the point of stripping the engine when I thought I'd take a closer look at the pv. I removed the exhaust and pv cover and moved it manually whilst looking up exhaust port with a torch. It seemed ok. I decided to see if I could remove it and clean it. As I removed the centre bolt that holds the actuator to the spindle, I noticed that it had not been located in the notch and was just tightened onto the spindle. I located the actuator correctly and fastened everything back together. Just took the bike for a ride and it took off like the wind, wheel came up in fourth. It's never been like that since I bought it. The guy who had it before me must have assembled the pv incorrectly and it must have slowly slipped around the spindle. Thanks to everyone for their help and support and if anyone needs a brand new ECU for 2005 inwards with dual map then I will sell it for 90 pounds plus post.

Sent from my i phone whilst doing a tail whip.
Great result, good on you for going back and double checking!