View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 12:29 PM

Two wheels: I don't disagree with you. However, when a guy pukes out $8k for a bike and is not happy some people feel pretty emotional that the poor guy wants to do his own work. I really hate that some people feel like the average joe is not capable of fixing his own bike. There is no patent for turning a wrench.

When I was at 6 days in Portugal I was struggling with the KTM settings. I asked my team mates for advice and we all compared notes. I got some good advice, dialed the bike in, and settled in. This was free advice that was shared amongst motobretheren.

Having said that I have spent some time helping a guy who bought a 2011 300 here in my area. He is a friend and we have been working on his bike to dial it for him. Interestingly, his bike and mine came set up much differently from the factory. I am tearing his forks apart this week to see why they felt, in stock form, so much differently than mine. It is strange how much different the two IDENTICAL bikes are from each other.

I love my GG though. This bike has been through a couple thousand miles of hell. I wish I could have shipped it to Finland to race the ISDE this year but I can not afford 2 bikes. Grrrrr Need to buy lotto tickets.