Thread: TUBliss gen2
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 01:38 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamper View Post
Cheers for the replies. Seems to be a lot of pros and cons for both. Unsure if stopping for 15mins during a Hare scramble to plug a tire would suit 😉. What are the life span of the mousse?
the nito's apparently have a very good feel out the box (unlike other mousses that need time to get to the sweet-spot) and reports show very long lifespan with some racers here using one set for the full year rather than 2 races.

stopping to plug a hole is not always necessary, i have had some holes that could not be pluged and i rode 50km of rocky terrain with the flat tire and just tried to find the best lines possible. no damage to rim. the tubliss system works as a 360 degree rimlock so the flat tire does not come off and the inner system also works as a bumper so you are not really riding on the rim. At my last race (i was not really racing) i did the last 10km of thorny rock enduro with a flat because i was enjoying the race too much to stop. I ended up with so may plugs in the tire at the pits preparing for the next day that it looked like a rastafarian tire with dreds, i decided to stop being cheap and just fitted a new tire for the last day.

The problem with UHD tube and low pressure is that you run the chance of getting a snakebite puncture when the tube gets pinched between rim and a rock, you cannot get that with tubliss.

Basically what i tell everyone is if you cannot afford to stop to plug a tire then use a mousse, otherwise use tubliss - tubes should not be an option. You don't see anyone running tubes in their cars anymore!