Thread: TUBliss gen2
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvangeel View Post
I have a question about tire punctures. If I was to run a regular heavy duty tube at the same pressure as the tubliss, would you get the same puncture? Also, If that same puncture was to occur with a mousse, would the tire and mousse run the risk of getting water inside of the tire or absorbed into the puncture of the mousse which would add a considerable amount of weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to tubliss because I was changing too many tubes at my trailer. So yes you’ll get a puncture especially when you drop pressure to 4-8psi.

As far as mousse and puncture. I don’t think its an issue at all. Especially since they are lubbed up good with grease. The mousse takes up all the room in the tire and its basically closed cell foam so it doesn’t soak it up. Water will barely get in if at all. My tire had a broken bead and was coming out of the rim. As I didn’t have a spare wheel etc I just rode it that way so I could keep riding. I had no issue with water getting in. And thats a bigger area than a puncture would be.

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife