View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 10:23 PM

I sold DRR mini race quads for a few years, and I never got upset if someone bought cheaper or somewhere else. I just figure it is all part of the deal. My business was not made or broken by aftermarket sales. Aftermarket sales sure helped, and I priced things very aggressive and sold some stuff. It was my philosophy that with a small dealer I should be able to get a better deal since I had little overhead. Worked for me...perhaps it is different now. A person should never put themselves in an ALL IN situation where everyone has to buy everything from you for you to succeed.

As a dealer I felt it was my job to provide a value added solution (not just price) and if I was forced to sell things by price it was because my value added solution either meant nothing to them or it wasn't very good hence no value...then it all comes down to a number.

I understand it is some peoples passion but at the end of the day it is a business. If you can't put a competitive product out for a competitive price your business days are numbered whether or not I buy a set of shrouds, tire, or brake pads from you. It is not about being a hater or anything like that.

A rich guy who didn't make as much as I thought considering his finances once told me it is not what you make but what you keep that makes you rich. I will on occasion overpay but I try not to make it a rule because it is just bad business.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion to be sure, and that is mine. I will let you feel your way if I can feel my way...cool?