View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (F5) View Post
Hmm, well I've plunged ahead. Here are the spacers I've turned up to go from the 25mm GG axle to the 20mm YZ one:

The bearings from old GG & the only ones that are commonly available for a 42x20 size are 12mm wide (6004) as opposed to the skinny 9mm ones for the 25mm axle. This means the seal will poke out about 3mm which I suppose should be ok.

I've just roughed the outer spacers a little oversize and will skim the last mm or so once I have it ready to bold together with the wheel & clamps. I will then take the final skim from the outer to leave the lip that retains them in the seal (can't hold onto the spacer to cut it down if I do that first).

Then I just have to push out the steering races out (the bearing was indeed past it) and I'm dropping off the triple to my weldy guy. He has some thick plate ally I believe, will post pics when done. Will bolt up from bottom & be tacked to the old stops.

Hi F5

Are you able to share the final dimensions of the axle spacers you made up?

I'm procrastinating on the same route and may also use the older GG bearings in my 09 wheel as an easy way to adapt to the 20mm YZ axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk