Thread: 2006 wiring
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 02:08 PM

Default 2006 wiring

I have a 2006 Gasgas EC 300 and have two issues.

One is the headlight. A while back I got a trail tech x2 but could never get it to work. I traded emails and phone calls until they just stopped responding. Trail tech just couldn't figure out why I had voltage at the bulb, but it wouldn't work. I could get either bulb to light individually fine, but the problem is for a "high beam" with both bulbs on it wouldn't work. There was power to both bulbs, but what I found was not enough was getting to the small one. I now have it wired with a relay which has much less resistance than trying to go straight through a switch. I finally have both headlights working at once, but at very low light. Again, either bulb works fine individually, but with both on, the bike just doesn't put out enough amps to power them. This seems odd to me considering this bike should have come with a headlight, as well as it has all the wiring for tail light and presumably turn signals as well.

The second problem I have is the CDI map switch. I am under the impression all 2006's have dual map CDI, but for the life of me, I can't find the wires. The best I can tell its a black and an orange right from the CDI box, but mine has no such wires. Infact, mine is one piece with the wires molded in, and only one bundle of wires coming out.