View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 01:01 AM

Hi!

I received my new Beta RR250 11 days ago. Until now I managed to do a peaceful 1 hour for breaking it in and another 45 minutes (I tried a bit the midrange hit but still staying away from the rev limiter..) on a demanding 5 cm snow rut breaking continuously (temps +1 C) through trees, mainly with 2nd gear. No complains until now, although during the 2nd ride it felt big mainly because of the (too much) torque feeling at very low revs and the wrong front tire for the occasion (I was on 125s for the last 2,5 years... and several GG250s and a YZ250 2T with E-line stator before them). I am still on the factory adjustment on the powervalve which is 2,5 turns in from fully out (6,5 turns total). That means I can smooth out the motor 4 turns or make it more aggressive for 2,5 turns. Power delivery is great. Lots of flywheel effect and torque but wakes up fast and wants to rev. The hit is more noticeable than a GG 250 07 (I don't have experience with the 12 and newer GGs) but still much more controllable than the hit on the YZ250 (it had the additional 12oz E-line weight but still too much in many cases). But I think the easily adjustable powervalve is the huge bonus on this bike. If you want you can adjust quickly before each special test, if you want to...

The bike's build quality is TOP even when compared to aluminium framed YZs. Very easy to work with and actually now I think the empty space under the tank is a + point after you adjust everything in the carb without the need to remove it completely from the clamps. From the beginning I am running a WP cone valve fork (used for a season on a GG250 2011) with a CRF wheel on the stock clamps. Turning is good but still playing a bit with fork height (it's about 1,5 cm taller than the stock Sachs). And also I have to check rear sag very soon. For the moment it feels ok. I just want that the shock is fully broken in. I will report more when I have some more hours on the bike. Today will be the 3rd ride...

Here is a picture when it was still new: http://postimage.org/image/9gaqqs5g5/

Leon

Last edited by Leon_gasgas; 01-10-2013 at 04:48 AM. Reason: added picture