Thread: Clutch cover ?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 08:49 AM

Default Mine Was Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggstr6 View Post
My clutch is making alot of noise, I want to go in and have a look . Does the cover have a gasket that can be reused ?

Don't want to get in there and find out I need a gasket.
All my gaskets were paper.
I just had all he covers off my right side to tighten up the PV linkage and Rekluse install.
I got lucky and could re-use the PV and WP gaskets. The clutch cover and right side cover gaskets had to be replaced.

The replacements I got from GoFasters: Clutch was paper, but right side cover was rubber coated steel.

When I put all the covers back on, I used a little grease on both sides so that I'll be able to pop the covers without buggering the gaskets in the future.

Here is a tip that may help: loosen the bolts and back them out a few turns. Tap the cover with a plastic mallet. Once you get a little daylight between a portion of the gasket and either the case or cover, slip a piece of 35mm film or tear-off in there. Then slide the piece of plastic along the gasket. It will likely separate nicely.
I got all the way around both my clutch and right side covers and thought the day was saved. But in both cases there was one area around a single bolt hole that was absolutely glued to the case.
Since my bike isn't going anywhere because the suspension is at LTR, I had no additional downtime waiting on new gaskets.

Gook Luck!