View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 08:43 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

then it was down the other side and across an old ox-wagon pass called Devils Bridge. It was impossible to photograph properly but it is basically a pass linking to mountains. about 30m long and about as wide as an ox-waggon (although sections had washed away which resulted in me having to dig my eat cover out from my but-cheeks once i got to the other side!) with near vertical drops either side (through the trees)

through the trees on the bridge

looking back across the gorge - you can see some of the old ox-waggon trail on the far grassy bank to the right of the cliff

here you can see the whole ox-waggon trail - those poor oxen must have sweated going down that! I know i did. These were the ox-wagons that took supplies from delgoa bay (now Maputo mozambique) to the gold mines in eastern south africa (jock of the bushveld era) when men were real men!!

and the last bit of nonsense before heading back - a full day's ride and only covered about 100km