View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 04:50 PM

Default What Carburetor for 2004 - EC250

Hi team
My EC250(2004) old carb was having some issues, tried to repair with repair kit but no luck. Fuel consumption was double the average and smoked a lot.
I bought a Keihin PWK 38 airstriker carb to replace the old one, but I suspect this is not the correct carb for this bike.
When I installed it new, it improved fuel consumption, and smoked a lot less, but I experienced following problems:

the idle was super hard to stabilize, whether too high or too low to the point it stalls.
Bike tended to get hotter when in the trails to the point of water boiling sometimes(never happened before)
In lower rpms it lost most of the power, I needed to clutch a lot when doing technical sections or when trying to get out of a heavy hill or something.

So I came to conclusion I bought the wrong carb. I noticed there is a Keihin Quad vent and Keihin Airstriker, not sure if any other out there. Wondering if you can help me determine the correct carb for this bike, ebay link will be of help so I can buy it.

Note; I took a friend's husqvarna 300TE(2016) carb put it on my bike and worked smoothly.