View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 03:23 PM

Who is humiliating you? A difference of opinion or a different conclusion to an issue is not humiliation. One thread was closed after many posts and no real progress, nothing was deleted. Also, the tread with the photos was made a Sticky. It also contained what I consider a full history of the clutch design, some thoughts, and proposed changes. Some guys have made mods that helped or cured the problem.

Some have issues some don't. There are different styles, different setups, and different bikes. We know there were changes in the basket. I'm not saying there isn't an issue but I am saying its not an issue for everyone.

Lets be positive. Since you have two bikes and the problem, it would be interesting to swap pressure plates, inner hubs, and baskets separately and see what has the most effect on your problem. Also note the differences.

I'm in the camp of more oil is needed through the pressure plate/inner hub. The basket will always spin at the primary ratio X RPM, the inner hub slower if slipping and not at all when stopped. The basket will always try to move oil out through the plates from centrifugal force, it will not scoop oil in on the outer edge. The more oil available to move(in the inner hub) the better(to a point).

Think how a squirrel cage blower works, same idea.