View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 10:18 PM

I thought I would just do a little update as it's almost been a year (March 31st) since the accident.

I should have updated this topic a long time ago but I guess my brain let it slip. Par for the course since the accident. Concussions suck! Most of the concussion effects have gone away now. Still having some issues with short term memory loss but it's getting better. I also found out later that I was told wrong at the hospital about the injuries I incurred. I did NOT break my C4 at all. I actually broke C1, C7, and T1 and had a disc bulge between C5 and C6. I spent a total of 10 weeks in the neck brace and another 2 weeks before I was cleared to resume all normal activities. Physically I'm 100% and have been riding like normal. I'm actually riding faster now, I don't understand how, but Strava doesn't lie.

My Gasser is still down as I got behind on a lot financially from the accident. I am finally getting to it though and will hopefully be riding it again before the end of summer. It's still going to take a while as I want to send the suspension to Les (LTR) rebuild the engine, and freshen it up a bit. I'll be looking for help on that as I go along.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220