View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 11:49 AM

Wimpy,

I had quit chasing needles already and slapped on a lectron that I had from an old project. Lectron sorted it out and set it to GG specs. I played with it and never got rid of the pipe bang and lean spots coming off throttle.

I swapped the head and the impeller as soon as the motor was cool enough to touch after a snow ride. I started it up in the same fuel, settings and conditions a few minutes later and it was noticeably more crisp without the strange noises (picture bad fuel noises but my fuel was good) and pipe bang was gone.

It's been cold and either 18" of snow or too sloppy here the last couple weeks so I haven't got to really put a load on it for long enough to get a good plug read. The times I have got her opened with adequate traction I liked what I felt and heard.

I'm not read up enough on the triples that you're talking about but I'll look into it. I'm considering pulling my mounts off and milling a 3mm deep, 5mm high relief into the bases so I can move my forks up in the clamps. Right now they are maxed at the first line on the tubes before the fork caps make contact with the Mako bar mount bases.