View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 05:31 PM

Tried the NECF in #4. A little more torque, still nice and smooth. Looked at both carbs, the same as far as I can tell by what I could measure. Now, for the hell of it I put the #7 slide WITHOUT the notch in the '12 ASI carb, with the JD Blue in #3, basically the same jetting that I run in the '07 and have run in the '03. Guess what? The bike found its balls off the bottom! Runs just like the '07 now. That notch has a definite effect on the mixture off idle, more so than just the idle like many have said. This proves it in this carb anyway. The idle had to be readjusted as well as the airscrew but the bike pulls hard through the lower mid now like it never did.

So, in effect it was running like it had a leaner slide. You need fuel for torque, and all these real clean settings were not making it. Now it wheelies off the throttle like never before and the map switch works. The map change had no effect before because in the RPM range of the timing advance change, it was too lean to make more power anyway.

Now, why the hell does the factory just do s^&t like this? Someone is making some bad decisions. At least test, change, and document.