View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 09:14 PM

I guess my standards are higher.

It basically affects what the slide affects, up to about 1/4. There is no doubt in my mind that changing to the non-notched #7 added fuel and a significant torque increase in this off idle to 1/4 area. Before this, I always felt that I was fighting something trying to get that meaty low/mid pull out of the bike, something was not right. It was harder to wheelie over logs, now its just a half hearted twist and she's up. JD Blue is the richest dia I have tried. When I ordered the NED/NEC series the F dia was the richest listed on the Suzuki parts list.

I'm thinking of trying a #6.5 notched slide. The notch does give the bike a cleaner idle and better airscrew response, and may balance out close to the #7 based on todays results. Then I'll try and work up some settings with the NED/NEC series. With the right slide it should be easier to work up some good settings. I like the smooth power for some situations, but the JD Blue is great for most and the map switch tames it down a bit if needed. Really its about getting a power delivery I'm familiar with before racing for points next month.