View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 02:12 PM

Default Can't Even Give My Money To Gas Gas

Cash in hand for 6 weeks trying to buy a "transformation kit" for my 04 EC300.

Made a purchase through Motocrosscenter.com because they had the best price and seemed to be the only place that had them in stock. The sale went through, but I soon received an email that they could not sell to the US (why did they take my money in the first place then?). They refunded my money, but not before an international transaction fee that cost me $18 both ways, now out $36. Told me to order from a US Gas Gas dealer.

Fine no problem, I would have done that in the first place had I known these were factory Gas Gas parts and not aftermarket. Called after locating the part number and ordered. Dealer was great about keeping in contact and letting me know the part was on order. Three weeks go by.

Today the dealer tells me he just found out that there is no stock in the US (they told him there was) and there is no date when there will be. Motocrosscenter has these in stock ready to ship, but I can't buy the damn stuff from them or get it here in the states. Ridiculous. This is the 21st century, and I'm not trying to buy discontinued parts, I'm trying to buy shit that is collecting dust on a shelf, but can't.

Disclaimer: this is not a slam on the dealer, who has been very good about the whole thing, but rather the bullshit system that keeps me from getting the parts I need which are available elsewhere when I can't get them here. It's like they don't want my money.