View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 11:26 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darealickt View Post

Back to the question at hand: will they and the YZ triples work on my 2008 EC200?
The short answer is YES, at least as long as your YZ450F forks are similar to the YZ250F forks that I have on my EC200.

Some more details :
I have a '06 EC200 and used triple clamps off a '10 YZ250F and fork legs off a '08 YZ250F. Everything fits nicely, all you have to do is to replace the lower bearing on the steeing stem with a bigger one (the same size as used on the Yamaha if memory serves me right).

If you plan to use the Yamaha wheel, brakes, front fender and number plate, then you're done with it. If you (like me) want to use the Gasgas wheel, fender and brakes, then its some more work involved, but not very complicated provided you have some machining skills or someone with a lathe to help you.

I am approx 88kg naked and use the stock springs in the KYB forks (0.44 kg/mm according to Racetech's spring calculator). However, I have revalved the forks with a Racetech Goldvalve kit and installed softer pressure springs according to Racetech's recommendations.

For my use (slow & old) this setup works very well.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc