View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 05:39 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennemw View Post
Thank you for the replys. I should clarify and say it may not be a new issues. I bought last year rode it only once and didn't notice anything off. I really didn't right it on terrain that required me to lug it up around technical stuff. My brother rode it in Moab that year and mentioned it seemed like it needed to be geared down. Thought it lacked low end lug ability. I went ahead and put a bigger rear sprocket on it. Since then I have rode it on some more difficult trails and it really struggles to lug down low unless I fan the clutch and really push the RPM's high. Thats when I started tinkering with the air screw and noticed that turning it in our out made no difference in idle going up or down or killing the bike. It has a 38 pilot it in it. I will check it to see if it is plugged. With the symptom of no response with turning the air screw in or out would you start by going up or down with the pilot jet size or moving the needle clip up or down? Thanks again.
I'd try a 40 if I were you. Cost is minimal and it won't hurt anything. If it doesn't help then just go back to a 38. Might help to look at the intake reeds to make sure they're in good condition too. Just for reference, I'm running a #42 in my older 200. I live at 3400' (in the summer), but ride at sea level and up to 5000 above and it runs fine. No need for changes once it's dialed in.

Is yours a XC or EC? My XC has a lighter flywheel for quicker revs but not as smooth on bottom end. I added a Checkpoint Racing 12 oz fww to my bike which seems to really help my bottom end in the hills and tight woods.

RB