View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 02:45 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Disclaimer: I have never seen these bikes in use, just at the importer's shop, so I have zero experience with how they work. All I say is based on the electric diagram only:

When you turn on both the key and ON switch at the accelrator I would expect something to happen on one of the wires, most likely the yellow/green wire to the controller. You should then be able to measure the battery voltage there. I presume this controls the power supply to the controller.

I presume the violet, black and green wires carry the "speed" signal to the controller, most likely it's just a potentiometer. I presume the black is 0V / earth, one (perhaps violet?) is a fixed voltage, e.g. 5V or 12V while the last one is the signal, varying between 0V and the fixed voltage as you turn the throttle.

But I could of course be completely wrong, as I said, I have never used / measured /serviced these bikes.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc