View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 12:10 PM

The Sachs does have HS compression, its the large outer knob, the LS comp adjuster is the small screw in the center. Note that the LS comp turns when the HS comp is turned, and must be re-adjusted.

The '07 forks have a lot of free bleed from bleed shims as well as the holes. There is even bleed on the rebound piston and checkplate. Get rid of the bleed shims, add rebound and its great. Stock works good though in technical terrain. The bleed holes are out of the picture once the speed picks up a little, they only affect when the valving starts to be active, like the clicker. If you want the fork to ride higher, you can add some midvalve with a tighter float, but there is a point where you start to get harsh. Pobit did a lot of testing, if your a do it yourselfer check out his thread. FWIW, I have had two sets of my brother's Husky Zokes apart. The Husky uses no bleed holes in the comp piston, but the same exact hole in the rebound piston. Pistons are the same. With the same valving installed on both forks(LTR for my GG), the GG Zokes are better in the rocks and roots than the Husky Zokes. I'm going to experiment with the Husky Zokes and drill bleed holes. Perhaps some of the better feel is the coating on the forks?