View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafka View Post
Finally got my cable from eBay and here's my MAP.
It's from 2005 FSE450.
Anyone got working good tuned MAP to share? I know that many companies tune GasGas ECU-s to 45kW(about 60HP)....but they want too much money for that
My MAP MAP file.
Very good to hear you got it working fine.

I must say though unfortunately my aspirations to tune my Gasgas are short lived, as the clutch in mine is going and I'l not feeling like paying $800 for a new one!

What I will say though, is you can get a Wideband and a datalogger and go for a ride recording tps, rpm and your o2. This will give you just enough info to tune it a little more.

If you were to tune the engine for more power your best bet is higher octane fuel and giving it more advance. Other than that you'll need to do some porting I'd bet. The stock cams are pretty aggressive anyway so you can probably get some extra power from porting alone (so long as you retune).

The system the ecu uses is Alpha-N which is essentially just tps and rpm with some temperature corrections added in. Be wary when tuning for high power as with alpha N you do not get the safeguards which you do with a closed loop system which uses o2 feedback to adjust tunes.

What i'm saying is, tune for power, but don't ride for extended periods on said tune Unless you've really got it nailed down.