View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
Beautiful job. All I can say is "wow".

I enduro-ized a '94 KX-250 back in the day and regretted not starting from the'94 CR as a platform instead. The KX was tight on the perimeter frame rails so additional fuel had to be carried 'up and outward" with an IMS tank - really through off the ergos and balance - at least at the beginning of the ride when the tank was full.

The wide ratio tranny caught my eye on your build as that was what my KX lacked - and I gained when I bought an EC300 back in 2001... Actually, the gasgas gave me everything I wanted on my old KX right out of the box - big bore 300, six speeds, lighting, 18" rear wheel, great tight woods steering geometry, etc. etc.

My KX had the kitchen sink thrown at it though.. Slavens porting, 18" rear wheel, suspension was dialed, Had to sell it to buy baby furniture when my daughter was born... Went from nine bikes in the garage down to two back then... Priorities do change in life - no regrets...

jeff
Thanks a lot Jeff! I have kinda thrown the kitchen sink at this too. I am excited about getting toward the end of the build!

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar