View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxdad316 View Post
I hear ya, I bet you have ridden all the old fun places out that way along the Cahaba river, the gaslines and "the Bowl". There was a lot of riding by the Hoover Met, or whatever they call the baseball stadium now. I don't know how much land is still accessable since so many houses were built out there, I got a ticket from a game warden about 5 years ago after crossing a barricade on that management land and I have'nt been back. We have some great riding here in central Alabama unfortunately much of it is now hunting clubs or subdivisions.
Yeah, I got to ride some of the old areas. I used to live real close to the bowl down in Alabaster. One time, me and a bunch of buddies met at a friends house in Bluff Park, rode out his back gate and followed trails all the way down to the bowl. All in all, we went about 75 miles round trip. Used to ride a bunch where Minooka is now when we could still go over to the other side of I65. That was some fantastic riding, miles and miles of trails and logging roads.