View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 10:49 AM

Qui-gon, it has a tach? Nothing in my book about one and my speedo looks like the one on my 300. Is it a function of that unit I have not found? Now you got me curious!

My guess is that it was spinning pretty good and I was not used to not hearing it wail so I over revved it. I did not let it happen again.

Rode around w/o helmet (eye protection always) and never got close to winding it up since I could hear the engine.

It never quit pulling until it hit that limit. I also was on the road. I'd never run it that hard in the woods and probably that was as hard as I have run it since I got it.

Since you guys verified it does have a limiter I'm pretty sure I just took it all the way.

I have been breaking it in and for a lot longer than the book says. No lugging, no high RPM, varying speeds, heating it up and letting it cool completely. Putting just a few miles at a time on it...you know a tank of gas worth

Thanks guys, for the info.
Ed

'05 450 FSE
'04 EC300
Street legal and tagged
Search for the wife's new bike has ended, lowered the 450 and 300....she's got a choice now! We're good!