View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 10:30 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS109 View Post
My buddy bought a Beta earlier this year, 300RR. He never was happy with the forks after multiple valving changes from local tuners and recently installed Ohlins TTX cartridges. He is now happy with the bike. He has had no other complaints with the bike. He said if they were plush enough in the rough stuff they were scary at high speed stuff. I rode it before the cartridge swap and thought they were great but that's me and I'm not quite as fast as he is. Overall I really liked the Beta.

I think it comes down to having a competent tuner that has experience with the Sachs forks to get it right. I don't think any of the local tuners here really know what they are doing with the Sachs other than applying KYB/Showa tuning ideas on them. I know that philosophy doesn't work on the Zokes so I won't send my Zokes but to maybe three tuners in the whole country as they actually have the knowledge base for valving them.
that was my issue with sachs, it was either or however you tuned them