View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Drop your coolant and see what you find. Looking at your pictures it looks like your inner head o-ring has failed above the exhaust port. You can see some markings there, and in the pic the o-ring looks potentially damaged too (hard to tell).

Everything looks a little wet, but it hasn't been wet enough to entirely wash the piston clean or fill the cases up. Enough to make it run poorly no doubt.

Piston is showing some blow by too. How many hours on it?

I'd suggest pulling the piston and giving it a freshen up, the PV a clean, replace the gaskets involved, and see how she goes. Is this one of the new heads or the old sand cast job? Hard to tell from pics.
I dropped the coolant, it looked bad for the amount of hours it's been in there and had a burnt smell to it.

Regarding the inner o-ring, i'm thinking the same. Both will need to be replaced.

Piston has 100 hours on it, sand cast head. I'm told by local mechanics that they usually change these pistons at 120 hours, but i don't race so i don't know if i should invest in a new one or not. Will measure it out and see from there.