Thread: Ec 200 newbie
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
Hi guys
Just bought my first enduro / greenlane bike, its took me 51 years !!!!

Bought a tidy ec200 06

Had problems getting suspension spring rate info but thats now sorted and Ive moved onto motor, yea it had a huge squish clearance so Ive pulled that down to 1.5mm to test, jetting tweaked to suit.

Question: are there any mods that yous guys do that I should look at doing, as I say Ive only got a couple hours saddle time, just waiting for springs to arrive...

Ps: anyone got a rear mudguard support for sale ?

Regards

Chris
Welcome to the club!
I bought my first offroad bike, a 06 EC200 when I was 49, so I beat you by a couple of years. I have had it since, now I'm turning 54 in a week. My only previous offroad experience was our "Family motocrosser", a 2000 RM125 that I bought in 05, mainly for the kids to ride.

I have done a lot of mods to my one, to make it better suited to me and my needs:
Heavier springs (5.4 at the rear)
KYB forks from a Yamaha 250F (revalved with a gold valve kit)
Big exhaust cover (better low end torque)
FMF Gnarly exhaust (same as above)
rain/shine switch (you can select more low down troque or higher-reving engine with the flip of a switch).
Lectron carb (bolt on and go racing)
Talon wheels (no particular benefit apart from that it's nice to have two wheel sets)
"Transformation kit" with a 2007-2011 rear subframe, airbox and 2011 platics. I like the ergonomics of this setup better.
Talon footpegs (keeps the boots on the pegs instead of slipping off).
Scotts steering damper (save you when you hit something that could twist the front wheel and throw you off).
Twisted engineering handlebars (expensive, flexible bars that reduce some of the shocks transferred to the arms / shoulders / upper body)
Handguards with alu frames (saves the hand when you hit a tree)
Rekluse clutch (helps you with hook-up /better grip at the rear tyre in steep climbs if you are not used to modulating the clutch)

My first mod was to install the Rekluse.

And yes, I have a secondhand rear mudguard support, toghether with a complete seondhand rear subframe and a brand new OEM yellow rear mudguard / fender. sine I have transformed my bike into a 2011 lookalike, I will never use these parts again.
I live in Norway, where the postage isn't actually cheap. But if you like, I can get a shipping price for you (to the UK, I presume?)

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc