View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 02:08 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I have a mate who went the x-trainer route. Not a bad idea if you consider that our riding was moving towards more technical terrain (before priorities changed and I stopped riding all but).. But his bike seemed very comfortable and good of fuel for picking it's way through singles... I don't know though!! I don't like trials tyres on dirt bikes either..

And I guess at the end of the day I have always preferred a firmer setup as well.. and I'm not fast, and I don't have any real mad skills.. I just feel that having a broad setup that can handle more than I can give it keeps me in a better position than a bike with a narrow scope of use. I'd rather struggle with some traction or deflection at slower speeds than give up stability and predictability at speed.. even if my intention is never to really ride faster terrain.
Ya the X-trainer route is great for older riders, women, and people who ONLY ride technical slow trails. Anything faster and you'll quickly be looking for a proper enduro bike. I'm excited to see how the Ranger performs considering its a full size frame bike but with the slow hitting torque.