View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN Rick View Post
Put both those bikes on a scale. They literally weigh exactly the identical amount. To within half a pound. No lie.
Absolutely not...the tx without fuel ..ready to ride will weigh right at 219..give or take a pound and the gas gas xc 2018 will weigh 232 give or take a pound...these are facts and can be found rather easily..now add the game changer counter balancer...huge huge...the tx may cost more and u will be hard pressed to find a carryover.. I'm not dishing the gassers 2018 which basically has a 2015 ktmish frame..between a beta and gasser id take the gas gas.. the weight needs to drop..from what I understand most of the weight difference is in the engine...the gas gas uses old heavy casting methods and the ktm/husky uses state of the art methods for reducing weight...it is simple I'm sure the r and d team at ktm has much much more funds available...but on topic..yes the 13 is a pig and even without electric start is heavier then a 450 electric start ktm...however I think if titled would make a great dual sport bike! The 18s are at least in the hunt and although a tish heavy sound to have nice suspension etc...i can't wait.to ride one!