View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 01:05 PM

Default 2013 Christini 300 update

It's FINALLY IDLING !!

OK - I just installed all new reed cage caskets, new carburetor boot, new gasket on the Alternator side.

JD jet kit installed - red needle slot 4 - 175Main - and 38 pilot and it's finally idling and not loading up. With the 40 Pilot it was idling - loading up, idle would drop, and if you turned the throttle bike would blow smoke - enough for neighbors to think I was fogging for Mosquitoes !!

At around 1/2 throttle and beyond its spongy - so thinking of trying a 172 main. The carburetor rebuild kit I bought had a 165 Main - and the when I got the bike it had a 165 Main in it. I don't want to put it in and take a risk of locking it up.

When on the trails I barely hit 1/2 throttle.

When I change the power mapping - I have to say it sure does put a smile on my face - 1/4 throttle and the front end comes right up.

Bendix issue - I bought the 5009 and only took some off the top cover to clear - it spins clear without any binding. Some people where saying they needed to modify the shaft of the 5009 - I didn't need too any off the shaft like others mentioned - it's still intermittent.

One good thing the bike kick starts easy.