View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 01:10 PM

Bottom line it is a money issue I refuse to take out a loan as I just get by now although I have a VERY nice friend who would front me the money if I wanted

I would prefer an 07 model 250 or 300 with the newer subframe (although to be honest I like the look of the 06 and earlier models better). A nice condition 06 would be tempting as well.

It nearly killed me to pass on the leftover 07 bikes that Ron at Dirt World Cycles was selling. Absolute smoking deals those guys got who bought them. It also makes me laugh at what some dealers want for new leftover 05 and 06 bikes. Just stupid, they will never sell them.

I know Gas Gas has had some rather difficult times here in the US but it pisses me off the bikes don't get more respect. I have read enough to know how good they are. I don't even own one and I find I have to defend them to the...um...orange crowd. Bottom line is I want one and at some point it will happen and until then perhaps I will just lay low and lurk here.

The consensus on KTM Talk is my 625 dual sport would fetch about $5,000 (easily enough for a decent used bike). That's what I payed for it 2 years ago but it has lots of goodies now. I'm VERY torn about selling it because my 2 youngest kids want to do dual sport rides with me. I can't put a price on that really. Very special time for a 10 and 13 year old now that the ex gave the ok. Last fall I took the then 12 YO on an 80 mile ride in the rain (pouring at times) up at the Ammo turkey run in NH. It was a special unadvertised dual sport course with many parts of the regualr turkey run mixed in as well. He had NEVER EVER been on a motorcycle until that weekend. Even after 80 miles in the rain and cold he was ALL grins for days. We made it over 75 miles before falling 2 times in the last 5 miles. Many actually quit the turkey run because with all the rain an easy ride became very difficult.

Also, like GMP said with gas now at $4.00 a gallon or more it may start to get allot more use for little errands and such. I'll decide soon if I'm going to sell it.

NHrider...that super clean 200 in Maine is long gone by the way. I asked. Keep em coming...thanks

Skidad in MA