View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 07:19 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto7man View Post
7390 MSRP, the best Kayaba SSS suspension components,plentiful parts supply including GYTR upgrades, dealer on every corner and a financially viable well managed company, imho.
Agreed. Depending on the gear box ratio, five speeds might be just fine. I never (or rarely) use sixth gear on my 300. And with everyone (it seems) buying up the stock of SSS KYB forks for their (not Yamaha) bike, it is almost a no-brainer to put this bike to market and have it succeed. Depending on the overall chassis package and handling attributes.

However. Regarding parts, I still can't walk into a dealership and get what I need, I still have to order any engine internal part, including bearings and rings. Any external bearing or seal I need I can source from a non-dealer location, like McMaster or a local bearing shop. So I propose that the dealer network has very little affect on our little niche.

That being said, I really dig it. I will be interested to see how it stacks up, it might be a viable competitor if it can negotiate the trails at 90% capability of the Euro bikes. The last 10% being managed through the excellent suspension components.