View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 07:31 PM

Took some time to look at the kickstand issue. From what I can tell, seems to be a poor design. Yes the sidestand itself has the piece you can grease, however the bolt itself in order to be tight must be wrenched on and then tightens the sidestand itself. Strange I thought. So I got a replacement bolt and from the backside of the frame mount screwed in another bolt ( a short distance and with red loctite on it as well. I then put the new bolt with a washer on the outside and red loctite as well and installed that making it to the point where it is tight and butted up against the other bolt installed from the rear. I then took a grinder with a cutoff wheel and grinded the bolt off the back of the frame flush. Bingo. Seems to work perfect!! And now should work and stay perfect and not come loose. Total time app 5 minutes (well 10 or 15 as I was drinking a beer!) and around $2.00 for a couple different bolts. Think the problem and small issue is solved! Will get some more time on the bike this weekend. With a 05 200 and a 11 6 day 250 there for comparison. Not whining at all, but does seem like a small design flaw as it seems weird that the bolt to tighten it tightens the sidestand as well and everytime you lift or lower the sidestand it wants to work the bolt loose. The way I fixed it seems to be the right way to do it and will see what happens this weekend, but am very confident it will be maintenance free from this point on!!