View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Site Sponsor

Default So I took the Six Days to the MX track

I know its not the right environment but we have a GP next week at the track so I went to see how the Gasser would react to some light MX work. Actually not bad at all. The engine works fine from mid to top. I think I might do the 39MM mod I did on my 300 XC and some head work but there is nothing holding the engine back from turning good lap times. The tranny did seem stiff with the 3rd to 4th shift under a load but the engine has only 3-4 hours on it and I think raising the shifter a tad might help also. The suspension would be fine with some heavier fork springs and the 45's would probably be a tad flexy for a really fast MXer but for Vet MX they are workable. I would love to ride a bike with the new 48MM closed cartridge Zokes. The chassis that works so well in the woods works equally as good for the track. Accurate cornering in the ruts and stable on hairy straights. Very neutral over jumps and easy to manipulate in the air. It performs good enough so that when I get the suspension dialed and the engine mods done I going to race some MX with it. It already pisses guys off when I show up with a 300 XC with bark busters on it and run with CRF450's. I can't wait to show up with a bike with a headlight.