View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 10:13 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi View Post
Things have been moving on.

First one os the truck driver was in court where he admitted careless driving. This means that his insurance company won't contest liability. Once we finalise the losses, my lawyers will put in a claim which should be agreed fairly swiftly.

I have been making progress too, I was almost walking normally without a stick. However it now feels like I have made a backwards step. At my last x-ray appointment one of the screws at the knee appeared to be bent. Rather than risk breakage my surgeon had me in within the week to remove the offending screw, with the option of removing both screws if he felt the leg was stable enough. The good news is that he removed both screws at the knee. The bad news it that the screw had already broken and that half of it is still inside my leg. To top it off, I am back on crutches for a couple of weeks to ensure that the new bone formation does not compress, shortening the leg.

I know it is good news that the leg is stable but going back on crutches when the muscles in the leg were regaining strength is frustrating. The portion of broken screw is also a headache as it will have to be removed somehow before the rod can be removed.
It sounds like you are on the road to recovery. Have patience and don't rush things, and you should be back riding soon.
Best wishes for you in 2018!

'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/