Thread: Got my '07 250
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 07:18 AM

Smile Got my '07 250

Picked it up yesterday at Marshall's in Ballston Spa, NY. Dan's a great guy to deal with. We uncrated and assembled the bike in his shop. Surprise, surprise, its actually a DE250 (EC swingarm graphics) with light 2K-2 ignition, minimal harness, and no lights. Light connectors and a toggle switch are already wired in, ready for mounting in the headlight shell. VIN is conforming, but I don't have the MSO yet to see if and where "Off Road Only" is printed.

Very nice bike. I have a lot of setup work ahead before it hits its first rock. You don't take a new unprotected bike out here even for a test ride. Spring rates seem perfect, and it seems plush around the neighborhood, especially for a new bike. Nice bars, grips, longer shifter. Revs very fast, seems like they might have lightened the balancer weight. Should be perfect with a FWW. Shifts smooth and has NO clutch drag, nice. Seat is like a rubber covered railroad tie, as hard as a Cannondale or older KTM. Very flat, seems like you can slide up right to the bars.

More info as I set it up.