View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 04:25 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

ok well that was interesting. Definitely a low float height. The needle tag of the float was bent in a queer way so it was sitting at 16mm ('07 PWK) when weight against the spring rather than tilted with spring uncompressed, so either the old owner had the dribbly carb issue or had read the instructions wrong.

I hate that measurement with tilted carb, seems so imprecise, remember it now from my 200.

So I also checked as suggested on that auss website with the carb with no float bowl & gas connected, now shuts off with float seams just before parallel, before it would have been ages before,

Smoking gun? Well well smelly one for sure.

But what is queer is that I haven't had the carb apart since changing the jetting after the first ride & rode it say 8 times since then, but I've only had this issue in last two rides. And I've done some ugly long uphills.

So I'm still a bit concerned. Should find out this weekend unless it rains too much to ride.

Thanks for ideas so far. I also fitted a R/A fuel filter. Had it for months bought on a whim looking for an application & then read people use them on the GG & it found a home.