View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 08:51 AM

Default to valve or not to valve.... that is the dilema.

ok i need the fork seals on my wp 43 forks replaced either way, but i am trying to decide weather or not to have the valving redone at the same time. to do the seals would be around $150 at ltr, and if i had them revalve, they would just put in fork seals when they put the forks together and charge me for parts. the fork revalve job is around $160 and the seals would cost $44 for both, so total plus shipping and wear parts would be around $240 max. i dont know what to do. i am a novice rider (about 5 months of experience) so i dont know if a revalve woud be beneficial or cost efficient for me to do. the girlfriends dad told me that because i was still a new rider, that it wouldnt be worth the money. but i was thinking that if i had them set up for a rider with more experience than i have that i would just grow into them, and it would save me the money of sending my forks to les twice to have him take them apart. what do you guys think? should i just get the seals done? should i get them valved for me at my skill level? or should i get them set for when i have more experience?