View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 01:39 PM

Thanks for the reply, Nate-
The diode module connector (connector "J" in the wiring diagram) is five pins, the OBD is a different one and four pins (not shown in the wiring diagram). The owner's manual shows them in different locations, and I just confirmed it on the bike-- the OBD reader connector is four pins, comes straight off and sits right next to the ECU, and it's taped up, also.
I did install the leads of the USB charger directly to the battery, just has I did three years ago on my CRF450x, which also has a lithium battery installed. The stator on the EC300 supposedly puts out 92 watts. Since my last two rides have been clearing trail, I've had my chainsaw mounted up front and the headlight removed-- so the stator has no other load on it, except for the rear light (very bright, even with a dead battery). Should be plenty to charge the battery.
I did put a good charge on the battery, and it is plenty to start the bike. But there is still no charge getting to the battery from the regulator. I believe the regulator is good, since, with the bike running, I'm getting 14+ volts measured at the headlight connector and at the taillight. Shouldn't I be able to disconnect the positive terminal from the battery with the bike running, and measure voltage at the battery cables?