View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 02:33 PM

Results of the day....
So I changed the pilot jet from 42 to 35 reset air screw to 1.5 turns out and set the idle screw to 2.5 turns out. The bike ran for 15 seconds at a nice idle but then died, I was unable to get her going again so adjusted the idle screw and air screw to get the bike idling at very low revs. In the end the idle/pilot screw was all the way in (seated) and the air screw was 2.5 turns out. As I went through the revs I noticed thick smoke coming out of the exhaust so I adjusted the jet needle clip to 2nd from top notch to lean her out also tried top notch and both results was very simular not as much thick smoke but not the same thin smoke when idling.
What else can I do ? I've been doing loads of research and the idling should be higher, mines on the brink of cutting out.
I thought the 42 pilot jet was making the bike to rich to idle, now with the 35 the idle screw is all the way in which I know in for rich out for lean.
Would it really make a difference swapping the pilot jet again and trying a 38 or 40?
As I've tried many different adjustments to very little joy could there be something I'm missing ? And no matter what I do with the jetting something else needs sorting first?
I've adjusted the float to precise measurements so that's bang on. I have a cleaned the air filter washed and re oiled and got clean petrol mixed with 2t oil at 50:1
Please can some help me and maybe give me some advice that will give me hope that I can get this 5 and a half year build complete.