View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 11:28 PM

Default New to Gas Gas - 2010 EC250F 4T

I bought my first ever dirt bike, a used 2010 EC250F just last weekend. Brought the bike home Sat night and went riding Sun afternoon. LOADS of FUN!

I come from several decades of road racing and sport bikes via 5 years on supermoto. I've got a WR250X and liked the idea that the Gas Gas uses a WR250F motor.

Couple of questions regarding what I'd call "consumables":

My understanding is the motor is a 2006 spec WR250F. So I assume I can simply buy things like spark plugs, oil filters to fit the Yamaha? Also hoping that the shifter is a Yamaha part?

Does the brake pedal come from another bike? I'd also like a spare set of brake, clutch levers as these are sure to get broken at some point. It would also be nice to source a spare set of front brake pads as well.

The guy I bought the bike off didn't seem to know much about fixing or tuning. He had all the suspension adjusters at full soft .... except the shock compression damping .... because I suspect he didn't know there was an adjuster at the bottom of the shock.

So I have a bunch of stuff to go through and check to make sure everything is OK. But its all good cause I got a smoking deal on the bike. Apparently it was purchased new in 2012 so has only seen a couple of years of use to this point.

Looking forward to getting out to ride again soon!